|Home||» Products||» Botanical Powder||» Bay leaves|
Dried, short-stemmed, leathery leaves of the evergreen sweet bay tree exude a strong aroma and have a rich flavour which is loved all over the world. (LTCD) which incorporates stringent process of drying in a sterilized closed room at low temperature which ensures that the product retain their required color, aroma, rehydration, medicinal values and extended shelf life properties without any additives making it 100% Pure & Natural.
Because the flavour of the Bay Leaf is so strong when ground down, it is traditionally used whole in Tuscan and Indian cuisines, requiring to be fished out or removed towards the end of cooking your dish. Bay Leaf powder is an excellent alternative which is easy to sprinkle and ensures your dish remains visually appealing. Alternatively, Bay Leaf is also available as flakes to add extra taste and zest to your dish.
Medicinally, the properties of the bay leaf and its berries are legendary.
- Leaves are mainly used in cardiac disorders, headache, flatulence, coughs, asthma, paralysis, inflammations, helminthiasis dyspepsia, strangury, colic.
- Leaves are also useful in hyperptyalism, ophthalmia, vitiated conditions of vata, diarrhea, proctitis, hepatopathy and splenopathy.
- Leaves are used to flavor foods during cooking as condiment.
- Improving digestion and relieving gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Increasing fertility, inducing menstruation.
Instructions For Online Shopping
- To add item in to the cart, Please check the checkbox.
- If you did not check the checkbox, Item will not be added to the cart
- Once you have select the items, please click the "ADD TO CART" button.
- Maximum total cart weight is 50 KG.
Uses Bay Leaf Powder makes a great barbecue rub
Bay Leaf is essential ingredient in all garam masalas and used in many other cuisines for flavoring. Our Bay Leaf Powder and Flakes are dried using LTCD ensuring you store the same for well over a year.
It has astringent, diuretic, and appetite stimulant properties.
Infusions of herb parts are reputed to soothe the stomach and relieve flatulence and colic pain. Bay laurel infusions are used to soothe the stomach ulcers and relieve flatulence. Bay leaf powder and flakes can be used to make the tea along aside other complementary herbs
The lauric acid in the bay laurel leaves has insect repellent properties. Use the Bay Leaf flakes in your aroma burners or make a cheap homemade and completely organic insect repellant (which smells great) by mixing Bay Leaf powder in water in a spay bottle. Use our Bay Leaf flakes as an ant deterrent.
The components in Bay Leaf essential oil can also been used in many traditional medicines in the treatment of arthritis, muscle pain, bronchitis and flu symptoms. Essential oil from the bay leaves contains mostly cineol (50%); furthermore, eugenol, chavicol, acetyl eugenol, methyl eugenol, a- and ß-pinene, phellandrene, linalool, geraniol and terpineol are also found.
- Colour – Green color
- Size – 40 mesh
- Organoleptic – characteristic of Bay leaf, taste and aroma
- Year of Harvest – Current year or less than 12 months
- Treatment - None
Packaging Details Available in 1 kg and 10 Kg packing